Coloplast South Africa introduces a new free to download and use mobile app, which aims at assisting wheelchair users to find accessible parking bays and bathrooms. The WheelMate app allows users to register and rate accessible bathrooms and parking bays. By registering locations, users make it easier for their peers to find locations near them.
To promote the app, Coloplast, in partnership with Rolling Inspiration, is running a competition on social media. Users can download the app, register a bathroom, post a photo and tag Rolling Inspiration to enter into a lucky draw where users can win various prizes.
Among the prizes up for grabs is wheelchair bags from Smergos and adapted fitness equipment from WHASCP Adaptive. Each location posted, counts as a single entry into the competition. The competition ends on Wednesday, June 30.
How to enter
- Download the WheelMate App from your mobile app store.
- Go to an accessible bathroom or parking bay near you.
- Register the location on the App.
- Snap a photograph of you at the location.
- Post to your social media platform of choice (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Tag Rolling Inspiration and use the hashtag #WheelMateZA
Tag Rolling Inspiration using the following: @RollingInspirationMag (Facebook); @RollingMag (Twitter); @rollinginspiration (Instagram).
For any questions, query or concerns, contact Rolling Inspiration at firstname.lastname@example.org.